If you are one of the people who wanted to try out sewing, then finding the best sewing machine for beginners is what you should be doing. It is very important that you find the best sewing machine that suits your needs and preferences at once. Only this way, you can maximize your potential and optimize its functionality. Although a higher-level machine can work quite well for some beginners, it does not for others. More often than not, a beginner gets scared with that kind of machine and begins to chicken out instead.So to be safe and sure, an entry-level machine must be searched for.
Before submerging yourself into LONG hours of reading reviews about the best sewing machine (admit it, reading reviews, in general, can actually make you a bit obsessive sometimes!), here are the basic things to remember to find the best machine for you.
- Plans on Future Projects. Your future projects are important because they will determine unto what kind of sewing you will be doing, the materials you will be using, and the machine you really need. For example, if you think your future projects will be involved mostly with heavy fabrics like leather and denim, then the heavy-duty sewing machine is a more efficient choice. On the other hand, if you think your future projects will involve more on embroidery, then a sewing machine that offers quite a few stitch patterns may be the best for you.
- Weight of the Machine. Nowadays, an entry-level machine can be very portable and lightweight or heavy and needs a sewing table. If you are planning on bringing it to sewing classes, then, the portable and lightweight kind is the best sewing machine for you.
- Mechanical or Computerized Sewing Machine. This goes down to your preferences on sewing machines. Both has its own advantages and disadvantages. Mechanical sewing machines generally last longer than computerized machines, but the computerized ones offer an overall ease of use.
- Budget Allotted. Sometimes, it is perceived that the highest priced sewing machine is the best one. You may want the “best” one, but you have a budget to consider. It is only right to choose the best starter sewing machine within your budget. Do not push too hard on the ones outside the limits of your budget. Remember, you are a beginner. It is best to conserve your resources yet. Who knows, sewing may, or may not work out for you.
- Repair Centers. You may hate the idea of a machine breaking down while using it, but it is better to be prudent. When a machine goes crazy, it is good to bring it a repair center, before buying a new one. Remember, as a beginner, you do not want to waste any resources.
You may deny it or not, but sometimes relying on the brand to find the best machine for a beginner or intermediate is a very safe rule, especially if you are not that expert on the specs stuff. Three of the best brands on the market today that offer good deals for beginners are Brother, Janome, and Singer. If you try to read the different sewing machine reviews on Amazon.com, these three brands have gained at least 4 out of 5 stars for most of their products. All these sewing machine reviews are from its users – beginners or experts. These companies truly offer the best sewing machines and the costs are reasonable .
Top Picks on the Best Sewing Machine for Beginners on Amazon.com. Here is a list based on the different sewing machine reviews on Amazon.com. All of these products are functional and great for everyone, beginners and advanced . Each machine has it’s own uniqueness. There are no two same machines, so it is very important to choose wisely.
- Janome Sewing Machines.
Janome has been one of the leading sewing machine companies that have been providing high quality home sewing machines at affordable prices. A Janome sewing machine is always built to last. With Janome, a mechanical machine is the best starter sewing machine Here are the top three picks for this brand.
Janome 2212 Sewing Machine.
This quality entry-level machine can take beginner sewers to a higher level making it the best one to choose. For a machine weighing around 16 lbs, it is something you can carry around using the folding carry handle. The dial pattern selection and length and width adjustment made it easier for use. It is also on a 25-year warranty for a reason. This is one of the many machine that is built to last. This is a dependable Janome sewing machine. This Janome product has gained 4.7 out of five stars on the sewing machine reviews on Amazon.
Janome Jem Gold 660 Lightweight Sewing Machine.
This entry-level machine is simply one of the best and is loaded with accessories for better sewing experiences. One of the best features of this product is quick foot conversion. The snap on presser foot makes it easier for the beginner to change whenever she needs to. The ¾-sized feature of this machine makes it one of the best sewing machines .
Janome 11706 Hello Kitty Sewing Machine.
With its Hello Kitty design, it makes the sewing experience with a twist. For starting quilters, this is a safe buy. Also, with its heavy-duty capability, you will not have to worry on doing frequent sewing sessions. This actually makes it suitable as a second machine for expert sewers. The fun factor that this machine offers to young enthusiasts makes it a nice sewing machine that any new sewer should consider to buy.
Singer Sewing Machines.
Singer is one of the world’s leading providers of consumer and artisan sewing machines. Because of this, the brand has been recognized and most trusted, worldwide.
1507 Singer WC Easy-to-Use Free-Arm Sewing Machine.
Although a bit heavier compared to other top Singer sewing machines, this comes with 8 built-in stitching types which offer flexibility to beginners. This kind of machine does not break easily and comes with a canvass cover. The 25-yr warranty that it has only implies that it is absolutely a good quality. And since, this machine is available at a very affordable price, a lot of beginners have been opting for this one. It also has gained a 4.2 star rating on the sewing machine reviews on Amazon.
Singer 4411 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine.
Singer 4411 features a heavy-duty interior metal frame, 60% stronger motor, 50% faster than standard machine, a drop-in bobbin, 3 needle positions, extra-presser foot lift, and more options for stitch patterns. A stronger motor only mean that you can sew on heavier and thicker fabrics. On the sewing machine reviews on Amazon.com, this has gained 4.2 out of 5 star rating. This is a good machine for beginners who wanted to try sewing for a long period, but never get bored with the possibilities on sewing skills.
Singer 8763 Curvy Computerized Sewing Machine.
This beautiful computerized sewing machine has 30 built-in stitches: six essential stitches, two buttonholes, five stretch stitches, and 17 decorative stitches. Can you imagine the possibilities? The Swift Smart Threading System with automatic needle threader is such a time saver for its sewers. This product has gained 4 out of 5 star rating on the sewing machine reviews on Amazon.
Brother Sewing Machines.
Brother International Corporation is known for their innovative sewing machines. Their products are of high quality and can be acquired at affordable prices. Moreover, their machines and accessories offer ease of use and flexibility.
- BrotherXL2600i Sewing Machine.
A Brother sewing machine like this one is built to last. A mechanical machine that is perfect for home sewing projects. With the built-in 25 stitch designs, a beginner can truly explore different sewing projects. Its jam resistant top drop in bobbin system makes it an absolute user-friendly. On Amazon.com sewing machine reviews, it gained 4.4 out of 5 stars.
- Brother CS5055PRW “Project Runway“ Electric Sewing Machine.
This computerized sewing machine is not only good for an expert sewer, but also for budding beginners. If you think you are sewing for the haul, then this must be the right machine for you. With its built-in 87 Stitch Functions, five one-step buttonhole styles, and convenient stitch chart, the designer in you, can truly grow. On Amazon.com reviews, it gained 4.6 out of 5 star rating. A super high rating implying that it’s a best sewing machine .
- Brother CS6000i Sewing Machine.
This portable machine, with stitch speed slide, over sized table, easy bobbin winding system, and automatic needle threader offers an ease of use for beginners and even experts. On Amazon.com sewing machine reviews, it achieved 4.4 out of 5 star rating. Although there are still other brands that offer what could be the best sewing machine for beginners, going for the known brands would not hurt you at all. It is not just about being brand-conscious, it is about going for the best sewing tool that the market can offer. The sewing machine reviews that you can find on Amazon.com are from real users, so expect that the products, which got top ratings, be definitely worth the try.